Saturday, August 15, 2009

J.A.D.E

J.A.D.E, as I like to call him the american Tae Yang, is an upcoming asian American artist who composes hip hop and R&B music. I was able to interview him for a quick minute after his small performance at a communtiy college convention . J.A.D.E did not appear to me as a typical hip hop artist that in America that I would have imgained or heard of. He stood out like cloud on a sunny day ( I guess I can put it that way). I was able to pull him aside to ask some questions about him and his music.

Interviewer: How you are doing J.A.D.E?

J.A.D.E: Hey, I'm good. You look nice.

Interviewer: Thank you, you look nice yourself, what is you music about?

J.A.D.E: My music? it's about change. I have been isloated from a lot of things in life and I want
to have the chance to express myself. I dislike streotypical remarks about what and who
is hip hop and R&B.

Interviewer: Wow, I think that is inspirational. Now you have a very korean or japanese style,
what is you ethnicty?

J.A.D.E: I am quite a complicated hybrid, you can say.My mother is Filipino with both a chinese
decent and german, my father is half japanese and filipino. I was told I look more korean
then I would look filipino, but you decide. I'm not really good at knowing how to say
what I am, a japanyfilichinaman, (J.A.D.E laughs)

Interviewer: Do you know Tae Yang from BigBang? you kinda remind me of him with your style.


J.A.D.E: V.I.P? (J.A.D.E laughs) well of course I do, I don't know him personally, but I know him
for his music and his style. Tae yang is a great artist I feel he took that step of not
fearing R&B. How do I remind you of him?

Interviewer: Your attitude, your cute but, masculine.

J.A.D.E: (Laughs) Thank you, I like to be very humble, but very passionate when it comes to
performing.

Interviewer: What's your next step?

J.A.D.E: I am going to finish my mini album, as well as work in Korea.

Although I had more questions to ask J.A.D.E had to leave yet for another recoridng session. A mini album in which I am looking forwad to hearing. I hope to interview once again before anything big happens as too him leaving to Korea to work as a music artist. Stay in contact J.A.D.E. .......J.A.D.E FIGHTING!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wonder if his going to sign with YG entertainment? maybe that is why his going to Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I know a lot more about him. He sounds so nice and very inspirational. I think his going to do great in Korea as in his music. I don;t get the title though. If Jade doesn't know tae tang persoanlly why would it be call VS. Doesn't that mean he is fighting against, but I love them both. J.A.D.E IN!!! TAE YANG FIGHTING!!!

    ReplyDelete